Adjust Your Crown Mentoring Incorporated Purpose:
The purpose of Adjust Your Crown Mentoring Incorporated is to provide mentoring through a virtual concept to reach young women from across the US. Mentoring is conducted through GroupMe, monthly blogs, Vlogs, and in-person workshops. This mentoring organization intends to remind young women they are QUEENS and to uphold their crowns at all times. Adjust Your Crown Mentoring Inc. is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization as a public charity founded and led by Dr. Lauren Elise Simpson.
Adjust Your Crown Mentoring Incorporated has an annual Fall Scholarship established August 2017. The scholarship requirements include full-time undergraduate student, 2.5 GPA, and a 500-word essay. Scholarship applications will open up in July.
The vision of AYCM is to become a virtual community of young women empowering each other in hopes to become a better version of themselves, be more comfortable in their own skin, encourage authenticity, and learn from one another.
How to Join:
This is a virtual mentoring organization through blogs, vlogs, social interactions, GroupMe, workshops, and some social gatherings in various major cities.
1. Subscribe to the website to receive the monthly newsletter.
2. Follow on social media
Instagram: @adjustyourcrownmentoring or Facebook Adjust Your Crown Mentoring Inc.
3. Review previous blogs and vlogs on various topics and careers with professionals.
4. If you are interested in joining the GroupMe chat that consists of daily inspiration, discussions, and uplifting please email your associated phone number. *Must have GroupMe app downloaded on your smartphone.
5. We have Ambassadors in the following cities: Atlanta, Nashville/Murfreesboro, Memphis, and Chicago. They have a sub-group chat to discuss local events and meet-ups. Please let me know if you live in any of these areas to be added to the perspective chat.
6. Participate in local meet-up if in your area and be involved in a virtual community of empowerment.